What are head lice?
Head lice are small, wingless, blood-sucking parasites. They live in the hair on your head and feed off the blood from your scalp. A louse (a single adult) is about the size of a sesame seed. A nit (louse egg) is about the size of a small flake of dandruff. Humans are the only known hosts of this specific insect.
What causes head lice?
Head lice are contagious. You can become infected with head lice when the insects crawl onto your head. Ways you might get head lice include:
- touching your head to an infected person’s head
- sharing of personal items (e.g., comb)
- using a fabric item after an infected person
Lice can be transferred by brushes, combs, barrettes, headbands, headphones, and hats. They can also live for a time on upholstered furniture, bedding, towels, or clothing.
Who is at risk for head lice?
Preschool, elementary school and high school students have the highest risk of getting head lice. They tend to be closely together and share items that touch their heads. There is also an increased risk of head lice for family members of school-aged children. People who work in a day care center and schools also share this risk.
Lice Shield 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner
Lice Shield Shampoo & Conditioner helps repel head lice while cleansing and conditioning hair. The tangle-free formula is gentle enough for daily use on kids’ scalps, and can also be used by any member of the family following a lice outbreak or during peak lice periods.
How to Use: Apply generously to wet hair, lather well and rinse out. Repeat as desired. For best results, use daily with Shield Leave In Spray.
Caution: If irritation occurs, discontinue use. Avoid contact with eyes. If this happens, rinse thoroughly with clean water. Keep out of the reach of children. Intended for use as a deterrent, and does not kill lice or eggs, or treat an infestation.
Repel Lice and Super Lice with Lice Shield 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner
If one child gets lice, your whole family is at risk. That’s why Lice Shield protects your whole family. Its gentle blend of natural essential oils is proven to repel lice and even resistant “super” lice in laboratory tests.
Lice Shield Leave In Spray
Lice Shield Leave In Spray helps repel head lice while gently detangling and conditioning hair. The versatile formula is gentle enough for daily use on kids’ scalps. It can be used by any member of the family following a lice outbreak or during peak lice periods. This spray can also be applied directly onto hats, scarves, and helmets.
How to Use: Spray liberally onto washed, towel dried hair. Leave on hair and let dry gently. Also suitable for use on dry hair, and directly on hats, scarves and helmets. For best results, use daily with Shield Shampoo & Conditioner in 1.
Caution: For external use only, avoid inhaling. If irritation occurs, discontinue use. Avoid contact with eyes. If this happens, rinse thoroughly with clean water. Keep out of the reach of children. Intended for use as a deterrent, and does not kill lice or eggs, or treat an infestation.
Powered by Essential Oils
Specially developed with an exclusive blend of 5 essential oils to repel lice:
*Remember, these products are for PREVENTATIVE measures NOT TREATMENT!*
If you or a family member ever get head lice, follow this advice:
- Treat the infested person straight away with anti-lice agents (pediculicides) to eliminate the lice. (Ask your pharmacist to recommend the best product.)
- Immediately inform everyone in direct contact (preschool, school, friends and family) so that they can take the appropriate preventative measures. Lice are nothing to be ashamed of! Talk about them!
- Avoid close body contact during the treatment to avoid the head lice transferring from head to head.
- Check everyone who’s had close contact with the infested person with a nit comb for nits and lice. If you find infestation, treat them too.
- Wash all bedding and clothes at 60°C. Non-washable items or textiles (e.g. cuddly toys) can be stored in the freezer for at least 1 day at -15°C to kill lice and nits.