I’ve been stuck in a rut of making the same dinners over and over again, and it was really boring everyone.
My boyfriend, Ryan, works long, odd hours so meals we could make for dinner and then be easily reheated in the middle of the night, or 8:00am, when he gets home would be ideal.
This recipe is the love child of a few I found online that didn’t quite meet the standards, and ingredients, I was looking for. But together, they’re the perfect Chili Mac.
Bonus! Because I’m a picky eater, this is totally kid and elderly friendly. It has no beans, isn’t spicy, and there’s not a whole lot to choke on. It’s family friendly, as the more politically correct food bloggers would say.
- 2 cups uncooked Macaroni
- 1 + 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Alymer Accents (or Rotel)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup "tex-mex mix" Shredded Cheese
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- Brown ground beef, drain
- Add onions and spices to the ground beef and cook until the onions are translucent
- Add in the tomatoes (with liquid), tomato sauce, chicken broth, and dry pasta
- Bring mixture to a boil, then turn to medium heat and cook until pasta is tender
- Once pasta is tender, stir in sour cream and shredded cheese
- Top with extra shredded cheese, more sour cream, green onions or avocados!