BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (2017)
Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast,” the live-action adaptation of the studio’s animated classic, brought the story and characters audiences know and love to spectacular life and broke box-office records. Now on Digital HD and Blu-ray, DVD, and On-Demand.
Fans who bring home “Beauty and the Beast” can celebrate the release with three ways to watch the movie – the original theatrical cut, the premiere cut with overture, and a musical experience with a sing-along version.
What we thought
Emma Watson takes on the iconic role of Belle in the Disney remake of Beauty and the Beast. We were graced with the presence of stars such as Luke Evans, Emma Thompson and Ewan McGregor.
I really loved how Disney expanded LeFou’s character in this remake, not to mention it was the first time Disney ever had an openly gay character in their movies. They also show a more ethnically diverse group of villagers inhabiting the French town which is nice to see. The film however fell short in so many other areas. The writers of the remake altered many of the lines for the new film, which took away from what they were trying to replicate of the original. Maurice’s character wasn’t captured quite correctly; in the original he’s a quirky inventor but in the remake he’s a artist/horologist?. In some of the animation, especially the part where they sign “Be Our Guest” you can clearly see that Emma(Belle) was inserted into the scene via green screen. She doesn’t interact much with the animation, she simply sits there smiling. It was a bit disappointing.
This film also features an array of special features like;
- 10 minutes of deleted scenes along with musical extras, including the “Beauty and the Beast” music video starring Ariana Grande and John Legend, Celine Dion’s heartfelt take on the new song “How Does a Moment Last Forever,” and jump directly to all you favorite unforgettable songs.
- A Beauty Of A Tale – Explore the process of transforming a classic animated film into a new live-action.
- The Women Behind Beauty And The Beast — Emma Watson introduces several of the many talented women in all aspects of production who helped bring this enchanted tale to life
- Extended Song: “Days In The Sun”. Learn more about Beast’s childhood in an alternate version of this beautiful song
- From Song To Screen: Making The Musical Sequences — Discover what goes into creating some of Beauty and the Beast’s best-known moments
- Deleted Scenes
- And More!
For all the changes good and bad, the movie works in spite of falling short of the original.
In my opinion, I think this remake is geared more towards the newer generation – tweens and teens are sure to love it. I know my kids (especially my 9-year-old daughter) absolutly loved it and has watched it twice since receiving it.
Once Canadian Mom Reviews reader will win a Blu-ray copy of Beauty and the Beast!
Giveaway open to Canadian residents only
One entry per person/address
Ends: June 24, 2017