When you are trying to renovate a room on a budget, you have to be a little more creative. You cannot just go to a showroom and pick your favourites. With a little creativity and elbow grease, you can transform your laundry room from a dungeon to a stylish space on a budget.
First, let me say that you don’t need a fancy new washer and dryer for your laundry room to look nice. Your old appliances are perfectly fine – give them a scrub and a tuneup if they are not working at optimal performance. Search for appliance repair Vancouver and give them a shout to take a look at your appliances.
- Mount a countertop (or a painted sheet of wood) over the appliances for extra storage and folding space
- Add shelving and cabinets for more storage space – use as much verticle space as possible.
- Baskets are a great way to decorate and space.
- Use jars for your laundry soap
- Add a new modern sink instead of the old plastic basin
- Hanging artwork is a great way to brighten up any space
- Add a foldable table if you are limited on space.
- Update your light fixtures with something more modern and add bright white lights
- Paint or tile the floor for an inexpensive upgrade
- Adding real or artificial plants and flowers is another inexpensive way to liven up the space
- Give the walls a fresh coat of paint
- Add new hardware