Two months ago I had this crazy craving for Tim Hortons Broccoli Soup. Of course, because I wanted it so bad, every single time I went they weren’t serving it. My next best option, Costco’s broccoli soup. Which was out of stock for an entire month also. I wrote this on Facebook and a very sweet friend of mine told me she had a copycat Tim Hortons Broccoli Soup recipe. She sent me the recipe and I reluctantly made it (I’m sort of a picky eater.. I wasn’t expecting to like it..) and it was DELICIOUS. I asked for her permission to write the recipe here for you guys to enjoy, and she said yes. So, here you are!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- bacon bits (optional)
- Saute the onion in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add chicken stock and broccoli when onions are tender, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer soup on low for 10 mins.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer mixture back into saucepan.
- Fold in cream, salt and pepper.
- Do not boil.
- We would have preferred more chunks so next time I'll probably use the blender on just half, or not at all.